Labels

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saloon

Downtown IC
August 21, 2008

My partner and I have tried to eat at the Saloon several times, but it gets pretty packed and very loud inside on weekends. We did eat outside once before, which was pleasant. Their outdoor seating is unique because it’s in the ped mall, not right up against the restaurant, but more out in the ped mall so that people walk on both sides of the tables.
This time it was a weekday, shortly after 5 pm, so there weren’t too many other people in there. We ate a poblano stuffed w/ rice and sweet potato ($13) and a chicken, cheese & bean burrito ($11). The zucchini in the poblano was especially good. The food was good, overall, although I did find a chicken bone and there were no leftovers.
I ordered a Saranac IPA, the waitress told me they didn’t have any, I ordered another beer and she brought me the Saranac IPA, saying she found it after all.
There was also a strange smell in the place, not sure what it was or where it was coming from.
The total cost was $42 with the tip.
Environmentally: Cloth napkins, not enough food for leftovers, so I don’t know what they use.

No comments:

Post a Comment