Labels

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lou Henri

Iowa and Dodge, Iowa City
August 2008

It took me awhile to find this place, because they are on the corner of Iowa and Dodge (a one-way street)- so if you miss your turn, you might have to drive a few blocks to get there.
Their food is fresh, local & organic when possible. The ambiance is lovely with lots of plants and art and a friendly, carefree staff that will notice if you have alcohol on your breath and bring you lots of water (not me, the table next to me).
I have been there a few times for breakfast and lunch, and the food has always been great. The fries are excellent. They have lots of cheese choices and lots of tempeh options, if you are a fan of tempeh like I am, you will appreciate the quality! The coffee is good too, and I’m a coffee snob.
My first visit, I got a “Triple Stacker” with portabella mushrooms on sourdough. It was very good, but it could have used more spinach and been spaced out across the bread more evenly. I have also had their omelets and French toast, all satisfying.
The woman’s bathroom is small but decorated very well, with crushed plates and cups used as tile work.
Environmentally: They use disposable napkins, AND you get a 10% discount if you ride your bike.
Cost: About $7-8 per plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment