Labels

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baldy’s

Downtown Iowa City
December 2007
Great atmosphere.
I like going to Baldy’s when I have a whole hour for lunch. This place has a great atmosphere- old desks and lamps, decorated with mirrors and windows on the brick walls. It is in an old downtown building, very narrow and long. It’s amazing that someone had the vision to turn such a place into a restaurant! Eating here is like eating at the library, and I like to find a cozy table and read my book while I eat, I even get annoyed when other people come in and talk louder than “library” voice. Then I remind myself that I’m not actually in the library.
You go up to the counter to order your wrap. I recommend any of the veggie wraps, they seem to be more filling. I got the one of the chicken wraps one time and it didn’t seem like it had as much stuff in it. I especially like the garden burger wrap. They come warm with chips and a cookie for about $7. They also have some beer on tap there.
To “wrap” it up, the food is decent, the atmosphere is excellent.
Environmentally: The wraps are in tinfoil on wax paper in a re-usable basket.

1 comment:

  1. Update: This place no longer exists. :(
    I believe the mirrors that were at Baldy's now hang at Mama's Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete