Labels

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Motley Cow

160 N. Linn St., IC
July 2008

I had heard that this restaurant is a pretty good choice- using as much local and organic food as they can, but I didn’t see anything inside or on the menu stating that fact. I don’t usually eat pigs, and there was a lot of pig meat on the menu, so my choices were limited. But what I did get was good, a beet salad with different kinds of beet and kale. It was surprisingly filling. The wine seemed a bit overpriced, if I were going to get wine I would get the ½ carafe. Instead, we got drinks. Mine was a dacquari, and for $5.50, I felt I got my money’s worth. The bartender didn’t skimp on the alcohol content. We weren’t in there at a particularly busy time, but we did get a table with the sun hitting us, which was unfortunate.
Overall, this is a good place to take a date, or for a special occasion, but it’s a little expensive for your every-week out to eat experience.
Environmentally: Good, linen napkins and nothing to throw away that I could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment