Labels

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cake #15: Cocoa Bread with Stewed Yard Peaches

I made this on 10/13/12 for a Toilet Retirement Party. Because it's important to have parties for such things.

The cake was easy to make, I used the kitchen aid and baked it in the toaster oven on the middle rack, but I made a note to use the bottom rack next time. Not sure why.
I made the homemade self-rising flour that the book suggested, adding 3 t of baking powder and 1 t of salt to 2 cups of white flour. Then I let it sit before cooking. The top really rose up a lot.
I used pears instead of peaches, since we have a pear tree. And it's ripe in October. I diced the pears with sugar and water. Then I made a note to next time- use a lot less water because the pears get pretty juicy after sitting in the sugar water. And to let them cook a lot longer on low. I followed the book directions, which was to let them simmer for 10 minutes. But the book was talking about peaches which probably don't take as long as pears. Plus, if you keep them on low until you are ready to eat them, they are already warm!

Then I put a note in the book that said next time, you could skip the fruit and just serve it with homemade ice cream. Yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment